September’s edition of the monthly IT security roundtable discussions sponsored by SIRT is scheduled 9-10:30 a.m. Friday, Sept. 11, in Union 213. Topics are:
- Mac OS X 10.6 and Windows 7 issues
- Why you should delay deployment but start testing now
- Application compatibility is more than an antivirus issue
- Why antivirus protection is important, even for Macs
- When will supported antivirus products be available for each OS?
- Security features in each OS
- Dealing with those pesky infected USB flash drives
- What we’ve seen on campus recently
- Explanation of Autorun/Autoplay
- Demonstration of how to disable Autorun/Autoplay
Come join the discussion and share your experiences and knowledge about these new operating system versions and dealing with malware that spreads through USB flash drives.
Harvard Townsend, K-State’s chief information security officer, will give a presentation and facilitate the discussion. As always, the IT security roundtable is sponsored by SIRT and open to anyone.