This month’s IT security roundtable discussion will cover the new versions of Trend Micro security software that will be deployed next week for both Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS X. The roundtable will be 9-10:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 6, in Union 213.
The following topics will be covered for both Trend Micro OfficeScan 10 for Windows and Trend Micro Security for Macs 1.5:
- New operating system support (Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6)
- Why it is important to upgrade as soon as possible
- Deployment schedule for central IT Trend Micro service
- What users should expect with the upgrade
- General availability on K-State’s antivirus website
In addition, we’ll talk about removing Symantec AntiVirus from Macs before installing Trend Micro, since K-State’s Symantec AntiVirus for Macs license expired Oct. 27.
Harvard Townsend, K-State’s chief information security officer, will facilitate the discussion. Shea McGrew, LAN administrator in Computing and Telecommunications Services, will be available to answer questions about the central IT Trend Micro services. As always, the IT security roundtable is sponsored by SIRT and open to anyone.