“Advanced NVivo 12 Plus” is a follow-up presentation from the “Introduction to NVivo 12 Plus” offered earlier this term. This training will be held 1:30-3:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7, in 306 Calvin Hall.
This presentation will address the following:
- Any extant questions from the basic introduction of NVivo 12 Plus
- How to set up qualitative data to be explored and queried
- How to use the software on interview, survey, focus group, and similar data
- How to query the collected data in an NVivo project (word frequency counts, text searches, matrix coding queries, matrix queries, proximity text searches, and other forms of text parsing)
- How to create data visualizations (word trees, word clouds, dendrograms, ring lattice graphs, sociograms, treemaps, and others) (for analysis and presentations)
- How to conduct four types of auto-coding (by extracted themes and subthemes, by sentiment analysis, by structured data, and by supervised machine learning based on existing human coding)
- How to set up a qualitative cross-tabulation analysis
- How to output a basic report (including a custom codebook)
The presenter will be using the Windows version of the software. Participants are encouraged to bring their laptops for this interactive session. The room will be open for this event at 1 p.m. All are welcome. No RSVP is required.
K-State does not have a site license for NVivo 12 Plus. Student licenses are available by subscription for NVivo 12 Pro or NVivo 12 Plus for Windows, or the NVivo 12 for Mac (which has fewer capabilities). The subscriptions are for 24 month periods and available for about $114.
QSR International trainings
An additional reference
Those who have already started using NVivo may want to refer to “Using NVivo: An Unofficial and Unauthorized Primer,” which is an e-book built on the Scalar platform that highlights various features of the tool.
If there are any questions, contact email@example.com, or call 785-532-5262. No RSVP is needed.