K-State’s annual Shred Day is past, but departments don’t need to wait for the next event in October 2014. Secure disposal of both paper and electronic media is available throughout the year to K-State departments.
A. Secure disposal of paper documents. Departments can contact Document Resources, 785-537-1222, to make an appointment to collect sensitive papers for shredding. Information is available at doc-res.com about their services and community events.
B. Secure disposal of electronic media (eWaste)
- eWaste includes computers, printers, screens, keyboards, CDs, DVDs, and most portable media.
- Departments can submit an eWaste form to Facilities Recycling to pick up eWaste, or take it to the Recycling Center northeast of Weber Hall.
- A Disposition of Property form (DA-110) is required for all physical eWaste. See PPM Chapter 6510 for instructions.
- Collected media are shredded in the Recycling Center and then disposed along with other eWaste.
- Send questions to Bill Spiegel, recycle coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-532-7430.
For more information