Not sure what to include in your financial grab-and-go kit? These items are a good start.
• Identification and other key documents that may be needed to restore your financial records, including copies of your driver’s license, passports, social security cards
• Insurance cards, policies, or other proof of insurance coverage
• Household inventory
• Immunization records
• Bank account numbers, cash
• Copies (front and back) of ATM, debit, and credit cards
• Phone numbers and account information for all financial service and insurance providers
• Important telephone numbers (family members, doctors, veterinarians)
• Names and prescription numbers for medications
• Safe deposit box key
• Pocket notebook and pen or pencil
If the following items are not kept in a safe deposit box, these should also be kept in your grab-and-go box. It is a good idea to make copies of safe deposit box contents in case the originals are damaged by water.
• Family records (birth, marriage, death certificates)
• Will, contracts, deeds, stocks, and bonds
• Titles to vehicles