Updates to Canvas were released on Aug. 27. Canvas operates on a monthly release cycle through which features are added or updated on the third weekend of the month. To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete August Release Notes. In addition to the Canvas release, Information Technology Services releases updates to services and integrations with K-State Online through the month as necessary.
The following updates have been made in K-State Online:
- Dashboard Course Images — Course cards on the Dashboard can contain an image as uploaded through Course Settings. Images can be dragged and dropped into the browser window or uploaded from a computer.
- Underline All Links Feature Option — Users can view all Canvas links without having to enable high contrast mode. When enabled in User Settings, this feature underlines hyperlinks in navigation menus, the Dashboard, page sidebars, and text for that user across their courses.
- Calendar Event Edits — After an event has been created, instructors can move the event from one calendar to another.
- Index Page Style Update — The Assignments, Quizzes and Modules index pages include an updated design. Instead of all assignment data being grouped in columns in the same content line, data has been reorganized for easier readability. No functionality has been affected.
- Individual assignment and module items include a larger icon and additional white space.
- All page content is responsive within a browser window. Assignment names are no longer truncated; long assignment titles wrap to the next line. Module content, such as assignment availability dates, due date, and point value, has been moved below the content item title.
- For instructors, published module items also include a green bar for easier recognition.
To keep up-to-date on the latest news, view the K-State Online webpage.