By Brooke M. Garcia
Happy National Pollinator Week! National Pollinator Week occurs every year around mid-June. This year, June 22-28th, 2020 is dedicated to celebrating pollinators and promoting how we can protect them in the landscape and/or environment. What can you do this week to protect or promote a pollinator?
Here are some ideas to show your support:
- Plant native plants in the landscape
- Educate employees on pesticide safety
- Display pollinator artwork and outreach materials in your office lobby
- Highlight Pollinator Week in a newsletter, blog, or magazine
- Host a nature walk or pollinator expert lecture
Use the hashtag #pollinatorweek to promote pollinator week, events and resources shared.
For more information about National Pollinator Week, you can visit the official website.
Visit our K-State Pesticide Safety and Integrated Pest Management Facebook page to stay tuned with educational topics related to pollinators, pesticide safety, and IPM.