Students are graduating and going on to new adventures. Use these tips to manage your K-State technology channels and resources.
- Students can now keep their K-State email accounts. Your eID must be kept active by meeting K-State’s password-change deadlines each semester.
- Review your mailing list subscriptions. Unsubscribe from those you no longer need, and clean out email messages from old lists.
- Copy files you’re entitled to keep, including those on your computer, K-State storage spaces, and personal webpage (www.k-state.edu/youreID).
- Remove software on your personal computer that was received under a Kansas State University site license, including K-State’s TrendMicro antivirus software. (Be sure to install another antivirus product; see Wikipedia’s comparison of antivirus software.)
- If you’ve been living in a residence hall, point your computer back to the Microsoft Windows Update Service. No matter where you go, your computer will continue to get automatic updates from Microsoft.
For more details, see these resources: