Updates to Canvas were released on July 14. Canvas operates on a monthly release cycle, with features added or updated every three weeks.
To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete July Release Notes. In addition to the Canvas release, Information Technology Services releases updates to services and integrations with K-State Online through the month as necessary.
The following updates have been made in K-State Online:
- Right-to-Left Language Support — Canvas now supports right-to-left languages including Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian languages. When one of these languages is chosen in Canvas, all navigational elements and text components are repositioned right-to-left in the Canvas interface.
- Anonymous Grading — When anonymous grading is enabled in a course, content creators can create assignments with the option to hide student names from graders.
- Moderated Grading — In moderated grading, anyone with assignment-creation permissions can specify an assignment submission to be reviewed by one or multiple graders, review the grades, and select which grade should be set as the final grade for each student.
- Ratings View — When grading an assignment with a non-scoring rubric in SpeedGrader, instructors select ratings from the rubric for students to view, but points are not associated with each of the ratings. When students view the rubric from their Grades page or from the Submission Details page, they can view the instructor’s selected ratings for each criterion.
- Pair with Observer — Students can generate a pairing code by using the Pair with Observer button from their User Settings page. This button will generate a pairing code that the student can give to the observer. Other user roles with the pairing-code permission enabled can generate a pairing code using the Pair with Observer button in the User Details page of any student.