If you are just getting started with NVivo, or looking for some more advanced training, there are several very good opportunities coming up this spring, including face-to-face workshops; self-paced, week-long online courses; and dedicated sessions.
Tag: QSR International
QSR International will give a webinar training presentation on “Working with Documents and Managing NVivo Projects” 2-4 p.m. Friday, March 14, in Hale 301. The presenter is Cynthia Jacobs of QSR International. All are welcome to attend. No RSVP is required.
This session will cover the following topics:
- Project setup, project log, save and backup procedures
- Importing documents and PDFs
- Coding strategies
- Node structures
- Coding using Text Analysis Queries
QSR International will introduce “Getting Started with NVivo” 2-4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, in Room 301 of Hale Library. This interactive presentation (and webinar) will introduce attendees to how to set up a project in NVivo and then use the tool to explore the data. The presenter will be Cynthia Jacobs of QSR International.
The presentation will cover:
- The NVivo workspace
- How to create a project
- How to import documents (including importation of data through NCapture)
- How to create memos and annotations
- How to identify themes in the data
- How to set up data “nodes”
- How to apply text analysis tools
- Other capabilities (such as using survey data)
NVivo 10 for Mac will be presented 2-3 p.m. Friday, Jan. 24, in 301 Hale Library. This webinar will introduce the latest beta Mac version of NVivo 10, a software that all faculty, staff, and graduate students of K-State may access and download. The presenter for this hour-long presentation will be Stuart Robertson. Continue reading ““NVivo 10 for Mac” webinar on Jan. 24″