Network and Telecommunications Services (NTS) will be performing network maintenance from 11:59 p.m. on Monday, April 13 to 4 a.m. on Tuesday, April 14. Users will experience brief outages in both wired and wireless service as the connections are upgraded.
Network and Telecommunications Services (NTS) will be performing network maintenance from 11:59 p.m. Monday, April 13, to 4 a.m. Tuesday, April 14, to complete the installations that began on April 6.
NTS will be moving Power Plant building connections and services over to new hardware. Because of the networking upgrades that occurred last week, this maintenance only entails moving connections. Users will experience brief outages in both wired and wireless service as the connections are upgraded. This maintenance is necessary to enable upgraded features in the new core routers.
If you have any questions regarding this maintenance, please email the IT Help Desk at email@example.com.
This Wednesday, Jan. 11, from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m., IT Services staff will install new routers and firewalls at the campus network border. During this maintenance window, the campus will likely experience brief outages of Internet connectivity lasting 5-10 minutes each (i.e., computers on campus will be unable to connect to anything off campus and vice versa during those few minutes). Also, K-State’s VPN service will be disrupted as that service is moved to the new firewalls. No other services should be affected.
The purposes of the project are:
- Replace aging border routers that will soon reach the end of support
- Install firewalls to improve security at the campus border
- Upgrade K-State’s connection with KanREN (and therefore the Internet) to 10 Gbps (this will tentatively happen on Jan. 15, pending arrival of appropriate interfaces for the KanREN routers)
Check the “Status of ITS resources” page for updated information
Wimba will be undergo maintenance 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, March 4. During the maintenance period, Wimba (and all archived classrooms) will be unavailable for approximately 2-3 hours. Check your K-State Online Organizer on Friday for the approximate start and end times that Wimba will be unavailable.
It’s recommended that you don’t schedule any Wimba sessions during the maintenance period. Continue reading “Wimba maintenance and downtime scheduled March 4”
Information Technology Services will be performing maintenance service to components in the data center 5 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 13. Downtime should be approximately 15 minutes. Updates will be posted on the IT status page. ITS apologizes for any inconvenience.
K-Staters who need their personal or departmental computers repaired can bring them to the IT Help Desk, 214 Hale Library. Services include:
- PC and Macintosh maintenance and repair
- Warranty repairs and authorized service on Dell and Apple Macintosh computers
- Sales and installation of computer parts and software Continue reading “Office and home computer repair for K-Staters”
1. Client Services (formerly the Technology Service Center) is currently moving from East Stadium to 214 Hale Library (by the IT Help Desk). Repair of personal/home computers is on hold during the move, and will resume Thursday, Jan. 14, at the new location. For details about payment methods and other changes, see the Dec. 22 news article.
2. The nomination deadline for IT awards is Monday, Jan. 18. All K-Staters can nominate IT staff for the award categories. For details, see the previous article and the IT Awards and Recognition website.
At 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 22, the iTAC Technology Service Center (TSC) closes at the East Stadium location and moves to 214 Hale Library. TSC will join with Client Services and reopen in the new location by Jan. 14, 2010. Phone numbers will remain the same.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2010, the types of payment for personal computer repair will be credit cards, debit cards, and CatCash. Payment types for departmental repairs will not change.